Arbutus Pillar Candles are free-standing, but should always be burned on top of a fire-proof dish or plate.
- Getting the most enjoyment from a pillar candle starts with the first burn, which should be 1 hour per inch of diameter (a 2” wide candle should be burned for 2 hours its first time).
- If the burn pool reaches the edge of the candle, extinguish the flame.
- Subsequent burns can be up to 4 hours. Burning pillar candles for much longer than this recommended period may result in wax leakage. We do not recommend burning candles for longer than 4 hours at a time; however, we have tested our candles with burns of up to 10 hours without experiencing dripping.
- Should dripping occur, extinguish the candle immediately.
- It is best to let a pillar candle sit for 2 days between burns.
- As pillars burn down, the flame will eventually drop below the top ridges of the candle, creating walls that result in a magnificent glow. For ideal burns, do not tamper with the walls; allow the candle to burn down as it will.
- Proper pillar maintenance will result in many hours of beautiful candle enjoyment.
Beeswax is a beautiful, unprocessed, natural wax. It is created by honey bees for the preparation of honeycomb, and has a long history of use by humans for many purposes. Beeswax candles radiate warm light and exude a lovely, honey aroma. Beeswax candles burn for a long time, providing hours of enjoyment. Beeswax varies somewhat in colour and aroma, so every beeswax candle is a one-of-a-kind work of art.
- Beeswax burns at a higher temperature than soy. Please exercise caution around liquified beeswax.
- Liquify wax around the wick before lighting beeswax candles. Tilt the candle slightly while lighting.
Candle Burning Tips:
- Keep wick centered and trim to 1/4” before each burn.
- Do not trim any shorter than 1/8”. Do not move if candle is burning or wax is hot. Extinguish candle and allow to cool before moving.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Rotate candles occasionally to promote even burning.
- Remove any mushrooming (carbon build-up) at the end of the wick by extinguishing the candle and trimming the wick.
- Extinguish candles with a snuffer to prevent wax spills and burn problems.
Available in store: 2535 Main St & 2950 W Broadway